How To Make Your Workout Session More Intense?
What is Intensity?
We all go to the GYM with certain goals like someone wants to achieve his goal of Fat Loss, someone wants to gain Lean Muscle Mass, Someone wants to build his Cardiovascular Endurance, someone wants to increase his Mobility and Functionality of overall body. There are many reasons we go and join the gym but the common thing that we all need while working out for any of our goal is INTENSITY.
Intensity is what makes your workout a worth of time invested. Without intensity, you must be wasting your time. You can make you workout intense by doing more repetitions, you can add more weight while working but there is a different way of making a workout intense for people with different goals. You will not add more weight and make it intense for a person who wants to build his muscular endurance, for this goal he needs more repetitions.
Lets understand this better with some factors which help us in making our workout intense and worthy.
- Before starting your workout do proper mobility exercises and stretching to warm up your joints and muscles.
- Start with a warm up set first.
- Make your workout intense by gradually increasing the weight with every other set.
- Make is intense by performing exercises with full range of motion, many people cut the range of motion.
- Adding more repetitions will help you in making your workout more intense.
- Increase the speed of exercise will increase the tension on muscles but keep in mind to perform is safely with a guided pathway, controlled repetition and full range of motion.
- Reducing the rest time between your sets will make it more intense for you body.
- Try using supersets, drop sets and giant sets in your exercise and make it much more intense than before.
- Focus on compound movements rather than isolation movements. You will get more results by compound exercises.
- Do not waste your time talking to someone between the set or even after completing you exercise. Focus on your workout.
- Make it more intense by pushing yourself further above your strength and endurance. Ex- if you did 10 reps of dumbbell chest press and feel fatigued try doing 2 more.
- Do not take support from spotter near you, even light help from the spotter with cut down your intensity.
Goals of the people decide how they are going to make it intense whether they are going to make it more intense by gradually increasing weight, more repetitions, by performing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Every goal needs a specific kind of workout routine like you will not ask a marathon runner to build muscle by increasing weight, he needs cardiovascular endurance for that HIIT on cardio machines will help him out.
I hope you all understand how you will make your workout better and more intense than before. If you still have any thing in your mind you can comment it down in the comment box or you can directly DM us with your query on Instagram and Facebook pages. Thank you for reading this and I will be posting fresh new content on a regular basis for all my viewers.