What is Fitness?
“What is Fitness”? For someone Fitness may be defined as the ability of their body to work in day to day life without any health problems, for someone it can be a good looking lean physique, some think that going to the gym and making your body muscular is fitness and there can be many more definitions of fitness which may vary from person to person according to their views on fitness. But this broader term can be explained in short as the optimal functioning and well being of the human body without any health problems can be called as fitness and most importantly fitness is not what you see from the outside, being mentally and emotionally fit is also a part of this broader concept.
We are here discussing about the topics of physical fitness and for that you need to have information on this topic which is still a very wide topic but i have explained it all in a very brief, concise and informative manner.
Physical Fitness of a human body depends on some factors which are collectively used to achieve a fitness level which may vary from person to person and their overall body goals. Fitness comprises of some factors like –
- Cardiovascular Endurance
- Muscular Endurance
- Musculoskeletal Strength
- Ideal Body Composition.
For any person, whether he is an athlete or a bodybuilder or any other person who’s involved in some kind of physical activity these factors must be improved so that they can achieve their fitness goals. People in the gym focusing majorly on exercises for strength training have no interest in pre or post exercise stretching, mobility exercises, cardiovascular exercises. People should understand that why stretching is important why cardio workout at gym is important and why flexibility is important to include in their fitness routine. These exercises and drills will help you in achieving your long term fitness goals and preventing you from getting any kind of injuries or health problems. People who don’t include these in their workout plan has a greater chance of having injuries while performing exercises.
Here you need to know that all the aspects of fitness should be incorporated into your workout schedule for achieving great fitness.
- Cardiovascular exercises will help you by maintaining the average heart rate and this will definitely help you in your resistance training as you can lift heavier weights without getting failure from heart or if you are a sports person you will definitely see a long lasting performance from your body and for general persons all people can see doing cardio workout at the gym or doing it somewhere outside doesnt matter what matters here that your are training your heart to lower your resting heart rate and at the same time increasing your stroke volume. Cardio workout at gym is generally preferred by people just because you have access to a lot of cardio equipment at a gym where you can time out your workout and see what’s your progress.
- Muscular strength will also be improved while performing these cardio exercises as your muscles will develop more endurance and stamina for performing any kind of physical activity. Long lasting endurance in your muscles will definitely help you in your strength training as you muscles having more stamina can take more load and develop more. Indirectly it will boost up your workout intensity.
- Flexibility of your body can be improved by performing stretching post workout and stretching pre workout, this will help you as a cool down for your body in post workout and act as a warm up pre workout as it increases the blood flow in your body and will help your joints to be stiffness free. Stiffness can cause injuries as you will not be able to use your joints properly. People have many questions like “why stretching is important” or “why flexibility is important”? By performing stretching you will definitely get a greater range of motion in any kind of physical activity. Flexibility can be improved by stretching and stretching post workout and stretching before workout is a healthy way of keeping your joint active and free.
- Musculoskeletal strength can be developed through resistance strength training. If you are focusing on all the other aspects of fitness, proper nutrition plan and proper rest you will be able to achieve your fitness goal. Strength training for weight loss or to gain lean muscle mass, both things require a regular muscle overload to attain your desired physique. Let me be clear that your muscle understands the load that you put on it while working out and with more load on your muscle it will definitely grow with some regular training over time.
- Ideal Body Composition is just the composition of your body fat percentage, your body mass index, your bone density, water level and muscle in the human body. Ideal body composition can be achieved if all the above mentioned factors are there in your fitness routine with proper nutrition value. Nutrition is another major part which will help your in achieving the ideal body composition.
“Nutrition” and “Rest” are some other major factors which will have a great impact on your overall fitness as after doing any kind of work your body needs nutrients and proper rest for recovery. These two things along with aspects of fitness will help you in getting fitter and energetic. Recovery phase of your body is completed when your eat the right food with the right amount of quantity. People ask “what is fitness”, but they do not know that fitness is a very broad term and it has a lot of researches and studies which is very vast and still this topic is increasing with every new study in this field. If someone asks me “what is fitness” then it is really a hard topic to speak on and a really interesting topic where you have a lot to offer to the listener or reader.